In this short (10 minute) interview, (recorded in 2009 in what looks and sounds like a cupboard somewhere…apologies for the less than pristine sound quality and video), Professor Becky Francis talks about her research into educational achievement.
The film touches on a number of areas in the sociology of education that teachers and students will find useful:
• Methods in education (qualitative and quantitative)
• Characteristics of high-achieving pupils
• Managing and maintaining identities
• Education and social policy
• Lads – and ladettes
• Chinese pupils and achievement – pressures and processes.